1. Fellowship in Robotic and Minimally Invasive Adult Cardiac Surgery-Position Title: Senior Clinical Fellow in Robotic and Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery St Mary’s Hospital, London (Trainers: Mr Roberto Casula, Mr Rex Stanbridge)
- Minimal Access Coronary Revascularization
- Beating Heart Surgery – I have performed as primary surgeon more than 400 Beating Heart Operations for multi-vessel disease
- TECAB-Robotic Totally Endoscopic Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Operations
- ACAB/MIDCAB/AXILLARY/TRANSABDOMINAL/THORACOCAB–Atraumatic Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
2. Lead clinician in Complex aortic surgery
- Minimal Access Valve Surgery
- Minimal Access Aortic Valve Replacement
- Minimal Access Mitral Valve Repair
- Other Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Endoscopic Vein harvesting and endoscopic Radial artery harvesting
- Use of coronary anastomotic Magnetic Device-Ventrica
During the last 4 years I am part of a multidisciplinary team which has the responsibility and specializes in the treatment of complex aortic disease including surgical, endovascular and hybrid procedures. I also introduced in my institution:
a. the axillary cannulation as standard approach for aortic arch surgery,
b. the Kasui technique for arch repair and
c. The conventional and frozen elephant trunk technique.
Since 2004 appointed as a consultant I have performed the following operations:
1. Aortic root replacement for ascending aortic aneurysms using Valsalva graft -18 cases with no death
2. Aortic Dissection -14 cases icluding 6 root replacements and 8 interposition grafts with no death
3. Hemi Arch-Total Aortic arch repair -5 cases with no death
4. Elephant Trunk -3 cases with 1 death at 30 days postoperatively
5. Hybrid procedures with debranching of head and neck vessels -14 cases with 2 deaths.
Total number 54 cases with 3 deaths.